.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Saturday, July 14, 2007

Update 145-01
Update 145-01
Noooo
14th July 2007
11:47 PM



I'm writing this post to all of you with the gravest of news that the film you all have been waiting for will be further delayed by a turn of very unfortunate circumstances that I myself am still reeling from. Basically, I had actually finished the film and had essentially wrapped up all the sequences apart from the Special FX and music – Before it was STOLEN from me whilst I was printing something at a local photocopying shop.

I was barely 2 feet away and had turned my back to collect my printouts when it was snatched from the shop. The only edited copy of the film I had was in that laptop's harddrive and I have no other backup to replace it with as I had only finished the last parts of the film THAT VERY MORNING.

Whilst the theft of my $2,000, 6-month old laptop is regrettable, I was more devastated by the loss of the one and only copy of a near-finished product. As such, because I thankfully still have the raw tapes, I will now have to re-import all the footage and start over editing from scratch. After I borrow/beg/steal (God forbid!) a new computer, I'll be up and cranking again and I should have the film ready, within a month or two at the earliest. Yes I also lost all my favorites, data files, documents, essays, pictures, and a whole lot of other important info.

I can imagine this must be rather disappointing for all of you who are literally dying (No pun intended) to see this film, and I'm terribly sorry this had to happen. I filed a police report, but considering this is Amerika (With tons of murders, car chases and rapes), this will probably be a pretty low priority for them.

Sighs. Despite so many setbacks and tribulations, I am more determined than ever to finish this film. Please keep me in your hearts, minds, and prayers.

Oh, when and IF I find out which SOB took my laptop... *Cocks shotgun*

Labels:


- posted by BLT @ 11:40 PM
Comments:
ARGH! This is exactly the kind of messed up crap that keeps reoccurring throughout America. Although there are policemen out there who will put forth all their effort to stamp out crime, some of them won't even turn their heads for anything stolen. I've experienced this twice from the policemen who told me "We'll let you know our progress on the crime tomorrow morning" and they never came back. >=(

I sure hope that the police will help you get all of that back. The work your team does is truly something that should be showcased to the world and having such a horrible event occur... well, it just plain sucks.
 
Yeah, go on CNN...
 
Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault