.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Update 136-01
Update 136-01
V-Tech
17th April
4:43 PM


Hello! My apologies for not blogging more. In my life (Or lack thereof), I've been incredibly busy; yes, even by Amerikan standards. Right now, I've reached the 'video guy' Stage II of my school. People are chasing me for multiple video projects and filming their events. SIGHS. I've wondered why in Singapore, and I'll wonder why again here: What the hell am I doing? Anyhow, it does keep me busy and my mind off Singapore. I guess that helps me immensely. It's relatively fun and satisfying anyway. Well, so I tell myself.



I assume by this point in time everyone know about the crazy shooting that happened in V-Tech, Virgina. My deepest condolences go out to the many victims of the massacre, but one thing in particular struck me the most. Forgive my ignorance and ethnocentrism here, but of all things, the guy that shot up the place had to be a Chinaman. Well, not really; he was a Korean guy (I can imagine all the Japs & Chinese going 'Phew'). They originally thought he was a Chinaman last night. I swear it was one of those 'All ya'll look alike...' scenarios.

I'm not Korean but the point is that now there's this added stereotype of Asians being crazy gunmen. Thank goodness my campus has so many Asians so I didn't feel too awkward. I'd hate to be one or two token Asians in friggin Montana or Wyoming. Can you imagine the awkward stares and suspicious sideways glances... a.k.a "The Treatment" the next day?

Now, they're going to be uber strict about who they let into the States, perform psycho-checks on people, and maybe even force us into concentration camps like they did to the japs during WWII. GREAT. On a more practical note, I think I'll lay off my gun craze for awhile.

Well, on the bright side (If there is one), at least people will stop thinking of all Chinamen as backbone-less, obedient, and respectful pansies. Now, all I have to do next time in a heated argument with anyone is just reach into my bag/shirt and everyone will be scared shitless. Muhahaha. Okay nevermind.

Labels:


- posted by BLT @ 4:37 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault