.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Update 132-01
Update 132-01
Exams!!!!
20th March
9:30 PM



YAY!!!! Exams are finally OVER!!! Unfortunately, I was really badly prepared this quarter. I doubt I'll get the same stellar grades I did last time. I'll probably get all Bs (80+) or something. For one class, I didn't read a single page out of its 10 books and for another, I started reading the material the day before the exam itself. As a result, I resorted to gimmicks and other 'smoke and mirror effects' as my dead (literally) line drew closer.

Philosophy:

I complimented my TA and said he looked like Keanu Reeves. Which is sorta true, actually. He wears trench coats and his continually pasty all the time. Hopefully he remembers me when he marks my very very long-winded 9 page essay about the problem of evil and human nature.

US Politics:

This class was pretty similar to the stuff I used to take in Singapore. Damn content-based and require critical thinking. Invested the most amount of time in this subject but ended up putting stupid answers when asked who the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court was. My answer: Jonathan McClure.

Modern Political Ideologies:

I constantly sleep in this course because the lecturer drones on and on without remorse. I never read any of his books and only studied the outline 30 minutes before the test. In the end, it was worth it because I wouldn't have known how to answer this question even if I had studied.

"India and Pakistan are about to go to war (again). Pretend you are writing a letter to the Indian Prime Minister stating why he should adopt Gandhi's principles in order to resolve the crisis. (50 Points)"

Bloody hell... 50 Points??? Anyway, I contemplating a myriad variety of unusual responses to this essay before launching into one of my standard maximum-Bullshit essay that didn't really answer the question but did in a very warped sort of way. I hope I can full the guy that marks it. I signed off the 'letter' as:

Your Chief Adviser & Closet Confidante,

Luke Vijay

Luke if you're reading this, I hope you appreciate the irony.

English

My English teacher is essentially a reincarnate of Carrie Cheah in both physical form and mannerisms. As such, my bullshit levels did not work on her at all!!!!!! Bleah ): Hence, I decided to offset my inadequacies by writing her a 20 page essay. In case you're wondering, the recommended page number is 4. You get the idea. We had a rather intriguing encounter today when I handed in my essay.

Teacher: “Is that a book?” (Indicating my long, thick stack of papers)
Me: “Yeah. Hopefully you'll give me a Pulitzer.”
Teacher: “Sure... As long as it isn't as verbose, long-winded, and complex as your previous work...”
Me: (With nervous laughter): “No no... Of course not... Here, have a Countdown DVD.”

So I gave her a copy of Countdown as a cheap/desperate gimmick. Hopefully it'll blow her away.

Psychology:

This class was hard. I earnestly tried my best but I doubt I'll get beyond a B. I think you can tell how hard an exam is by the 'freebies' they throw in to salvage what's left of your grade.



I'm wondering if they discriminate against color-blind people though...

Labels:


- posted by BLT @ 9:04 PM
Comments:
I appreciate the mention, but I will laugh if you fail. That is a freaking weird question, by the way. But there again, with the 'color' question... hmm..
 
Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault