.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Update 129-01
Update 129-01
Alpha Lambda Delta
6th March:29 AM


Interesting. I got a fancy-pancy, special-paper letter in the mail today from this 'Honors Society' called Alpha Lambda Delta – Yeah I know... What a mouthful. Apparently, they want me to join because of my 'outstanding academic achievement that has a cumulative GPA higher than 3.5'. Supposedly only 70 ++ get selected per cohord (Quite small if you considering the Freshman class has 5,000 people). Anyway, if wondering if I should join – They claim it'll enhance my resume greatly but I'm balking because I've heard all the horror stories about Fraternities, hazing and what-not. Hmmph. I wonder if they genuinely want me or this is just some gimmick to get me to pay annual membership dues and buy club T-Shirts.

I think I'll go check it out with a Glock tucked under my sleeve. I should be safe as long as its not some cover club for an underground NRA meeting. Then again, this is Amerika...

On other fronts, I woke up at 6 AM today to do my group's presentation. As per always, I was left with the responsibility of jacking up all the distracting graphics stuff that throws smoke and mirrors at the teacher in order to hide our substantial lack of content. I just koped the power point I made for Michelle's IOP – Which had a bunch of pictures taken by Cassandra and Kentay (Which I claimed I took, of course.) I also had a few picture of my own inside courtesy of the time I stole borrowed John's DSLR for a week over the last general election.



The teacher took a keen interest with the pictures and asked me to explain several of them. Our topic, by the way, was on the quality of school teachers on the American public education system:

Teacher: What's this supposed to mean?



Me: Uhh – It's a metaphorical representation of how education, like water, trickles down from the teachers to the students. (That's actually a Long-kang, btw)

Teacher: And this?



Me: A umm.... Physical manifestation of a student's alienation and detachment from societial norms. (It IS Bloke, after all...)

Teacher: What about this one?



Me: Erm... That is a symbolic picture that represents how we often shield ourselves behind the fan of sociological comforts in order to dissuade anti-establishment views.

Teacher: *Eyebrows raised*: Right... And why's this picture in there?



Me: Oh this one's simple... Yes... Umm... Well... We feel immense and gargantuan guilt at our inability to grasp the innately horrific and selfish motives of our species that we end end up slashing our metaphysical wrists in order to relive ourselves of the unbearable pain....

Teacher *Slightly stunned*: Okay what about this one then?



Me: Ah yes... You see, teachers are like light bulbs... In the darkness. They light up their surroundings and shine like flaming torches that guide the paths of their students in order to impart upon them values and beliefs that will lead to a successful life ahead.

Teacher: Oh-kay... What's the 27 for then?
Me: Ah! You see, the number 27 represents the average number of students in an elementary school class...

Huzzah for IB English A1!

Labels:


- posted by BLT @ 11:22 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault