.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Saturday, March 03, 2007

Update 128-01
Update 128-01
Black Comedy
3rd March 2007
12:21 AM


As they need to sell 2,400 tickets and are unlikely to reach their target without BLT's help, I've decided to put ACDC's latest Black Comedy Drama Trailer online. Check it out and buy tickets now!! (:


Disclaimer: 50% of all profits go to the 'Save BLT From Exile Fund'



/*End of PSA*


Anyway, I did a psychology test recently about racial profiling and stereotyping amongst Americans. According to the reasearch thesis, all races as a whole generally view White Americans positively and attribute things like 'fairness, equality, intelligence, etc.' to them whilst describing African Americans as 'hostile, dangerous, robbers, gangsters, etc.'. This was, of course, done subliminally. I was asked to match specific, character-describing words on a computer screen with a picture representing either a European American or an African American. Following which, I was asked to roleplay an eyewitness at a crime scene and recount the differences of a crime perpetuated by a Black man versus that of a White man.

Unfortunately for whoever conducted this experiment on me, the lecturer already told us about this particular test as we were required to know about it for one of my Psychology midterms. So guess what? I did the complete opposite of whatever was 'expected' of me. Yes, for the crime scenario, I labeled the Black robber as 'Nice, cordial, friendly, harmless, and peaceful' chap who was only robbing the store out of desperation while depicting the White man as a savage NRA, AK-47-wielding drug-abuser on the loose and out to kill peaceful citizens like you and me.

Tee-Hehe. I sorta felt bad for the poor girl recording my rants but shrugged it aside. Afterall, I reckon all the other participants would be doing the 'normal' thing of portraying Blacks as gang-banging, low-riding gangSTAs. That's right - The onus was on me to bring equilibrium to the results. Muhaha.

Black comedy indeed. (Hur-hur)

Oh by the way, I hear not all of you have gotten Countdown DVDs. If you haven't, please let me know and I'll get a minion to send more copies around. Thanks!

Labels:


- posted by BLT @ 12:22 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault