.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Update 127-01
Update 127-01
HEAT
28th February 2007
8:20 AM


It's been excruciatingly busy lately – Something which I'm pretty sure you folk in Singapore can associate with. It appears that staying up late on Saturday nights is starting to become a regular feature of my weekend. I stayed up to 3 AM on Saturday night Sunday morning filming 'Heat', a big and over-hyped rock and roll/rap concert at the university. We operated 4 different cameras. My friend's SLR that has a live-LCD display sucks. Warning to all you potential shutterbugs out there: DO NOT BUY DSLRS with live-LCD display screens. Anyway, I had some fun that night. We even got some All-Access Passes that granted me authorization to enter anywhere at the event. *Muhahahaha.*



Anyway, the concert has relatively enjoyable. The first part were just random DJs though – Which essentially just entailed random drunk people getting high and dancing around with even more random people whom they don't even know.





It strikes me how deceiving events like this are – They showcase all the unpopular bands first and the better performances only come on later during the night... Or morning in this case. Like Moving Units – Who seem to be like 40 year-old Rolling Stones.




Then this guy, Lupe Fiasco came on. I'm not really a rap fan – Okay fine, I'm not one at all. The point is, his manager pissed me off. The fellow tried to bounce me off the stage after I stood in front of him with my uber video camera.

“Yo yo man whatcho ass doin' on the stage dawg!”
“Uhh... I'm filming this for the university. You'd better talk to the coordinator...”
“Listen punk! I'm Lupe's Manager man. I ain't talking to nobody!”

I was seriously about to get some caps busted up my ass before a university official came to save me. I didn't know jack about this chap but I found out after that apparently he's some three-time Grammy Award winning up-and-coming artistic about to take over Usher or something along those lines.

Got home at 3 AM (Again) like last Saturday. But whatever, I'm not complaining – We had free flow of a few different kinds of pizzas and other interesting (non-alcoholic) drinks. So there was a decent amount of incentive for us to stay up - Oh, and most importantly, from our high vantage point on the stage, we got to laugh (Sadistically) at the crowds of a few thousand people transitioning from queuing into various stages of drunken singing, and most importantly, attempted moshing before getting bounced by buff guys in black jackets.

Labels:


- posted by BLT @ 8:23 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault