.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Thursday, January 25, 2007

Update 122-01
Update 122-01
FPS Productions
25th January 2007
11:53 PM

A few random happenings to recap my week:

1. I realized today that I have not worn glasses for the past 3 months. Not because of vanity or appearances, but rather because I dropped my 2-month-old glasses into the Pacific Ocean at Laguna Beach. Ah well. My parents still don't know. How I've survived since then without glasses is beyond me. It's either my eyesight has improved or else I can't be bothered taking notes during lecture. Its probably the latter.

2. I got into the Dean's Honor List today for my results last quarter. Woots. Yes, a real university Dean's List... Not some *cough* IB *cough* one...

3. I told my parents that I shot my laptop after hiding it from them after all these years. They were so proud that 'I wasn't so careless and dropped it' (As I had originally told them) that they said they'll get me a new computer.

4.The Director of Student Life at school wants me to help them film/photograph some random stuff for them... *What's new?*

5.I realized today that I've not read a single book from any of my courses and I have midterms next week. Yay.

Anyway, on a slightly better note, I have finally been able to officially registered a Student Organization I started on campus known as the 'Film & Photography Society'. Has a nice acronym ain't it? I even get an impressive CAMPUS ADDRESS. Muhahaha. Now, people can write to us as a part of my university! Tee-Hee-Hee. I even took the opportunity in choosing Campus Mailbox #1 too! We're number 1 haha.

Literally.

Basically, to start a student club here in uni, it's not so friggin hard as they made it in ACS. It wasn't exactly a walk in the park considering I had to write a group CONSTITUTION, attend some retarded workshops, and produce other lengthy paperwork stuff which I typically excel at (Knowing me).

It was a hell lot easier than the crap I had to go through in *attempting* to start a CCA in ACS(I).... And in case you're wondering, Nope – This was not a repeat of that horrible FAG incident at the start of last year. It's pretty damn coincidental that I should be starting a new club at my campus considering I was fighting for my life the same time last year doing the exact same thing in Singapore... To very different results.

However, there is a small little problem to my plans. You see, like ACS, my university already HAS a filmmaking club known as the Filmmaker's Assocation... Who are essentially about as active and professional as MPAC was. Unfortunately, they were here before us and are the 'official' filmmaking club recognized on campus. Sound familiar?

History certainly does have a way of repeating itself huh? Well, everything would be pretty much the same... Except... They have 102 MEMBERS... and we have... Umm... 15.

Yeah... You get the idea. It's this:



Versus:

This:



Pretty good odds don't you think? Ah well, I've fought worse... I think...

*Gulps*

Anyhow, after a month or so of hard work and planning, we finally had our first *Official* (Really our third meeting so far) meeting today for all the people that had ideas in writing scripts for our next movie – Just sorta like a scriptwriting team.





Yeah, as you can see. They're quite a *ahem* talented bunch.

Note to self: DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT EVER
ask Americans for their ideas for what to do for a film. Remember I used to holler and shout at all of you to come up with ideas during production meetings and I would be greeted by awakard silences and crickets? I actually did that for the group... Thinking that no one would come up with any ideas and hence leave it up to me to decide (Hehe cheap tactics eh?) But NO – Lo and behold, each group member ACTUALLY came back this week with a detailed, immaculately prepared proposal for possible films we should undertake!

I was like...

O.o

One of them even did us a promotional flyer to whore around:



Which I am getting them to put up for me tomorrow on the 50 different message boards around the campus. Naturally, I'm not doing any of such manual labors...Muhaha.

Ah the sweet powers of delegation.

Man I'm such a jackass genius sometimes.

(:

- posted by BLT @ 7:57 AM
Comments:
awww seems like your american minions are more hardworking than the ones you had over here hahahha
 
They'll learn soon enough - when membership really starts to swell.
 
Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault