.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Monday, November 06, 2006

Update 102-01
Update 102-01
More post-Countdown stuff
6th November 2006
11:02 PM


Hey everyone just finished a trailer. Available HERE & HERE.

I spent the past 8 hours or so (Nonstop) doing this. I have no idea why it took so long considering it isn't terribly complicated. I guess I had trouble trying to figure out what footage to include and what not to include. Was toying between either keeping it concise and breaktaking or introducing alot of visuals but a longer timeliine. I choose the former in the end. Hope it works. Please feel free to comment and add your remarks as always.

Now that Countdown is more or less done, I have an admission to make. I'm sure ya'll recall me venting and ranting over MSN about how screwed up my computer became after editing so intensively for so long. I believe that I had said that because my computer kept crashing and that the future of Countdown was placed in serious jeopardy as a result of that. In the end, I did finish the movie. How? Well, let's just say that I've been 'borrowing' computers from a certain big-business, established corporate conglomerate store that happens to sell computers.


I conceed its a rather devious thing to do but I did what I had to do to get this project done =S

It involves me basically buying a brand new top of the line dual-core, 4 GB RAM computer from this retailer. After using it for about 2 weeks for editing, I can return it to the shop and get back a FULL refused with no questions asked whatsoever. None at all. Then, I buy that same computer (Or even a better one), use it for 2 weeks, then return it again. You get the cycle. I haven't lost a single cent doing this FOUR TIMES over a MONTH. It isn't perfect because I've often had to redo one or two scenes to accomodate new computer changes... But ultimately I did manage to get the film done. Admittedly, it's rather... Sneaky... But I comfort and justify myself that I wasn't a complete jackass.

How so? Well, for one, because they don't check or ask any questions when I return the computer box, I could've jacked a couple of internal parts like the processor or the harddrive and return a shelled-out CPU to them.

Hell, because I paid cash, I could've just taken the CPU and replaced it with a few pounds of pebbles or iron bars in the box and they would've been none the wiser.

Yes, BLT does have morals - Albeit questionable and warped ones.

But hey, some's better than none.

To make myself appear less evil and lessen the impact of the previous admission, I've decided to release:

Random Countdown Facts, Admitted Mistakes & Trivia, IMDB Style


1. The first 'bomb-setting' sequence of the film, some of Elsa's hand shots were actually BLT's hands.
2. All the sequences of the lead cop walking around and shooting Ethan in the flashback was actually Bloke - Kiat's dialogue was all shot later.
3. Kiat's "Waste Them" is actually Bloke's voice; Bloke has such a hard time saying the line that he developed a lisp 'Wathe Them!'
4. Phua Kai Lun dies 4 times.
5. Bryan Loke, former lead actor, makes a cameo as a sniper on the roof in a split screen.
6. Ethan Koh dies twice; once as a brother and another as a random cop.
7. Yi Yang dies the same way as he does in The Vault.
8. The warehouse shootout sequence was filmed over 2 days - Most of which was during daytime.
9. SWAT team members were continually cycled throughout the film.
10. Reuben was sitting around looking after the bags when he was picked to play a SWAT officer.
11. Dickson and Daniel have cameos as normal policemen who die in the warehouse raid.
12. The smoke from Jeff's Glock and the tape are actually from Edward's pipe.
13. The car ignition, lisence plate, and bullet shell dropping shots were all filmed seperately 2 weeks after the main shoot.
14. Ben soh, David Liew, and Edward have cameos as cameramen in the film.
15. Jeff, Elsa, Dickson, & Daniel are the only characters to survive the film; everyone else dies.
16. Body Count: 70
17. Malcolm Ong, the Director of Photography, appears in the 'behind the scenes' video wielding a hand phone camera.
18. The film is promoted as being the last ten minutes of 3 peoples' lives. However, its half an hour long. Guess its justified because its 10 min x 3 characters haha.

- posted by BLT @ 10:58 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault