.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Friday, September 29, 2006

Update 88-01
Update 88-01
Started University
30th September 2006
9:41 PM


Before I talk about my day, which I presume most of you are keen to find out more about, a business annoucement is in order. For those of you wondering what the hell happened to Countdown, basically my computer went ka-put while editing. I'm in the midst of searching for a new one so no worries. I was reviewing Initial B Orientation footage the other day in a bout of homesickness and realized there was so much of it (Made everythin even more nostalgic). It was a few hours long and took up a total of 60 GBs. I was telling myself to never ever shoot with 9 cameras again. Not only was it hell to coordinate (Especially around the whole of Singapore for the Amazing Race segment) but editing was pretty crazy too. Then, I realized we shot Countdown with 5 cameras (3 professional ones), 10 hours of footage, and 120 Gigs of space - To be compressed into a 15 min short. SIGHS ):

In order to placate and perhaps whett your appetites, I have put all the Countdown production photos online. HERE. You're gonna have to look for the 'Countdown' Set/Album (Located on the right hand side bar). There are gonna be alot of other photos up online soon from BLINDED, Centerstage, etc. This site is seriously kick-ass. I have a 2.5 GB space limit and you can download the footage in original size (Click 'All Sizes). I currently have about 800+ photos on and there are set to be more coming soon. Just browse around the sets and enjoy yourselves haha. Props to Malcolm for the recommendation.


So I started university today. Went rather 'okay' I suppose. Its that typical nervous starting-school days where you dont know anyone but pretend you do. It really is quite unsettling though I must admit that I'm pretty seasoned by all this moving about having starting afresh at so many new schools between the States and Singapore. It'll take time (Not too much I hope). I'm at a considerable disadvantage compared to the average college student in terms of social networking and getting to know people:

"So what dorm you from?"

"Oh I don't stay on campus - Underage heh. Live in nearby appartment." *Weak smile*

"Oh so you have your own appartment eh? Wow thats cool, dawg. I always wanted to do that but I got no dough."

"Urm... I actually live with my parents..."

"Oh well, then I bet driving yourself here everyday's a pain!"

"Uhh... No. Actually my parents send me..."

The guy looked at me as if I just told him I was from Mars, ate hamsters for breakfast, and then decided to take over some guy's body in a bid to blend in with humans. Later on, I was asked to join this asian sorority after walking by their booth. They called themselves KASA. I was a bit puzzled, and asked what it stood for. Some guy told me not to ask questions and just come to the party tonight with a '6 pack of miller lite'.

I declined politely.

I found out later it apparently it stands for Korean Association for Smoking & Alcohol.

... Hmmph.... And I thought we were decadent.

Apart from that everything went rather smoothly. A few classes were cancelled because the TA (Teacher's Assistant; kinda like a sub-professor) didn't show up. Its quite interesting observing the ripples in the group when you say you just came from Singapore. Some girl told me I could write a book about my life. I took that as a compliment. On other notes, text books are friggin expensive. Its an average of US$50 per book. And there are like 3 books per course. And I have 5 courses.

Ouch. There goes lunch for 2 weeks.

- posted by BLT @ 9:46 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault