.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Update 86-01
Update 86-01
Apologies
26th September 2006
5:17 PM


Apologies for the lack of blogging for the past few days. Not having internet... Really gets me mad... Mmmm lets not go there before I start ranting per usual. On other fronts, my computer has decided to quit on me. All editing on Countdown has stopped becuase I put in too many digital effects, and other FX to the extent that my computer declared it was 'Running Too Low on Virtual Memory' and refused to run Adobe Premiere henceforth. I will buy a new computer soon.... Somehow. Don't wory. Countdown will be complete... Eventually...


I start university in 3 days. Although I do have occasional bouts of fear and anxiety about going to college at 17, I must admit that I'm feeling rather... Detached from the whole process altogether. I'm not nervous, I'm not particularly thrilled, and I'm not THAT scared (So I tell myself)... I think I'm just a bit zoned out/stonned about the entire event. To me, its just like resuming school with no friends after a 3 week holiday. I feel more concerned about Countdown editing than I am about starting university. Uh-oh. Something's definately wrong there. Ah well. Wierd, huh?


I also have to declare that I ate bee hon and hor fun the other day after a one hour journey to Chinatown. It was... Heavenly. This marks the longest time I haven't eaten a single dish of Asian food - For one whole Month. Unfortunately, this looks likely to be the usual trend seeing how hard they are to get. Though to be honest, it isn't exactly that hard when you're surrounded by an endless supply of tacos (And free salsa packets), fried chicken, and burgers. Its just that when you eat such stuff after so long, one tends to appreciate the finer things of life, and the nostalgia that comes with it; i.e. 'eh we used to get this next door from that hawker center...'. Hmmph. Till my next trip, I shall survive on chocolate and coke (Not together) binges. Whee.


I love American fast food joints. You order a small drink usually less than a dollar and they let you have as many refills of any drink you like from this soft drinks dispenser. I went to Ikea yesterday and drank 6 cups of coffee (One after the other) for just 99 cents. No, I didn't get high (Unfortunately). Though I did drink so much coke one time I... Nevermind.


I think Bloke will enjoy living here.


I also met this guy that looks like a buff SAM CHAN. Yes. No shit. Stretch Sam Chan to like 180cm/6 foot 2/ ben soh's height and make him also buffed and bulked (and American). Man. He has the exact same face and those identical little glasses Sam Chan has. Quite intriguing eh? It may be racist but I think there's an element of truth to it when they go 'all you chinks look alike'.


I went to church yesterday, for the first time in a month. Was also, like bee hon and hor fun, heavenly - In more ways than one. Was a rather delightful, refreshing experience.


On other notes, it really is interesting observing people's reactions when they here you just came from Singapore. I should make a sport out of it. If they DO know where the hell Singapore is, (That its not part of Korea, China, or Japan), they'll say something like this:


Girl: "I heard rumors that in Singapore you can chew gum and you can be fined for littering."


Me (Dead serious; while chewing gum and throwing the wrapper on the floor): "Its true."


What followed were loud gasps of horror, disgust, and shouts of 'Oh Em Gees' by the entire youth group at church. You get the idea.


I think I will go back there next week.

- posted by BLT @ 2:21 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault