.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Sunday, September 17, 2006

Update 84-01
Update 84-01
Disjointed
18th September 2006
10:03 AM



After a few days of absence, I'm back with a vengence. This entry is gonna' be long. Alienation and lonliness does things to you. For me, I'm writing e-mails, blogging, blog surfing, looking at old emo pictures and daydreaming more than I should. Looking forward to tags on this site and e-mails like never before, one tends to appreciate the simpler pleasures of life. Over the past few days I've only talked to Dimitri online - Whic doesn't say much at all. Haha. Kidding. Dim, if you ever read this crap, I want you to know that our MSN conversations keep me going. Thanks Ali, for your e-mails too. I should have full internet capabilities in a few days. Anyway, emo stuff later, business first. Countdown editing is crawling along. I have a few issues that remain unsolved and I have no idea what to do without some stuff:


1. Countdown Timer: Should it be red or yellow and should it include milli-seconds after the seconds?
2. Could any of you who read this plog record your own voice saying as many of the following as possible?
a. Open Fire!
b. Cover Fire!
c. Retreat!
d. To your left!
e. Fall back!
f. There're too many of them!
g. Arrgh! (Just got shot)
h. Clear that area now!
i. Hold that position!
j. Go go go!
k. We need reinforcements!!
l. Anything else you would say when you're being shot at by alot of people


Seriously. I need this for one of the scenes quite urgently where its played over the police radio. So yeah. As many of you as possible. Anyone at all. Just record with your handphone mic or that $50 Creative mic. Whatever floats your boat. Say all the lines as if you're very frantic/urgent/desperate while being SHOT at. Then send the file to my e-mail. buck_suck@hotmail.com. I stress again; this is quite important and urgent. Thanks.
3. I need muzzle flashes of m16s
4. I need original music


I'm about halfway done with rough cuts for non-action scenes (i.e. Dialogue, etc.). Wierdly enough, being the action junkie that I am, I'm actually DREADING to edit the action scenes such as the big-ass office and warehouse shootouts. There's so much footage to sift through and I have to superimpose nearly all the scenes with muzzle flashes and other special effects which are a real killer to edit as they require me to impose and subsequently render each individual frame. Its incredibly time-consuming and just plain sian. Just as a heads up notice, I'll begin uploading pictures taken by our still photographers from the next update onwards so look out for that. Some of the photos are really nice.


I feel sick. Not homesick or lovesick, at that. I think I'm coming down with the flu or something. Its been very hot the past few days but last night temperatures dropped to about 40 to 50 degrees farenheit (I dont know what that is in Celsius). So wide open windows coupled with me garbed in shorts and t-shirt, I woke up with a rather nasty headache, blocked nose and fever, all of which haven't subsided yet. So I guess my illments will be justification for the upcoming rant.


I'm sure all of you have experienced this at least once. Have you called up some big organization's hotline were greeted by some monotonous automated machine which tells you to press one for English, two for Spanish and zero to speak to an operator, or some crap like that? Well, here in America, that's the norm - As I found out trying to get my phone line and internet started up. After listening to countless irritating machine voices for almost 5 minutes and dailing 1s or 2s on the phone's numbers were hot, I finally get to talk to a human being. Picture if you will, the cliche air-head blonde. Now, giver her a headset. Next, give her a computer (Not that she knows how to use it). Then, put her at a desk as an employee of AT & T Telecom Services Inc.


Operator: 'Hi. My name is Jenny. Thank you for dailing our 1-800 number. How might I help you?'
Me: 'Hi can I'd like to set up my phone line please.'
Operator: 'Okay sure thing. What's your name and address?'
I give it to her. Operator: 'Thank you. Please hold the line while I transfer you to our phone installation services department.'


I'm left hanging (Literally) listening to Green Day's 'Had a bad day' before someone finally picks up.


Operator: 'Hi. My name is Maegen. Thank you for dailing our phone installation services department. How might I help you?'
Me: 'Can I'd like to set up my phone line please.'
Operator: 'Okay. What's your name and address?'
I give it to her... This time a little more grudgingly
Operator: 'Please hold on.'


Again, I'm put on hold listening to slash-wrist Green Day emo music while I wait for the folks at AT & T to get their act together. Finally, some other lady picks up... And AGAIN transfers me! This cycle is repeated six times. Six. Yes, six blardy times. I pretty much memorized my name my new address by the fifth round. I consider myself a rather impatient person by nature (And experience) but I imagine this situation would be rather unbearable for the most patient of indvididuals so I hung up after I started pulling my hair out (I've got alot to go around now since I don't have to cut it). Being on hold for so long on a PAY PHONE (I spent $5 worth of quarters), Green Days 'You Had A Bad Day' was fast becoming a reality.


I was ranting about this to Ali the other day but I might as well put it online: Apparently, the internet company demands a phone line set up before they can get my net started. But, you see the problem is that I dont have a phone yet.. So yeah... America's a big humongous beaurocracy - About as bad as Singapore. Its really pissing off cuz when you finally get an operator he or she puts you on hold and transfers you to another dude who does the same thing; the cycle repeats itself a few times before you finally get through or throw your phone against the wall in rage (The latter usually comes first). Blardy red tape. But I think its slightly better than Singapore cuz you can apply for things online and it does so instantly - Only problem is we don't have internet. And we can only get internet if we get a phone line set up. But we cant apply for a phone line online cuz we dont have no internet. Classic chicken and egg problem.


Furniture in Amerika is really affordable. I bought this huge desk recently for the great price of only US$149.99. It looks pretty good for that price in my opinion. Its so compact too! I was wondering how such a big desk can fit into a small 5 foot box!






Now I found out why -





On hindsight, I should have paid more attention to the label:





That's right. The desk comes in PLANKS. Attached is a grand total of over 400 different nails, screws, etc. I have no idea what the hell to do.








See those little stickers? Yeah I had to label each and everyone of them (With precious DV tape stickers) alphabetically in relation to the manual on how to assemble it because the furniture company probably forgot to label them. SIGHS. This is gonna be hell to assemble.


Well, see that fire place in the picture?





Worse come to worse I could just use them all has firewood for a merry ole' bonfire! Whee!


Considering this is the first piece of furniture we bought, I can't imagine the day we buy a sofa, TV cabinet, shelves, dining table, etc...


Anyway, I think I'm really stuck in the past. The reality of this situation is that everyone else has moved on - But I cant. Reminiscing my past life has become a very unhealthy habit of mine here. I'm settling down somewhat but I think about Singapore alot. Almost constantly. To extent that it becomes nostalgic, enchanting even. Wierdly enough, the editing process of Countdown is what keeps me sane - It gives me some sort of purpose and meaning.


In way, I'm rather ambiguous about starting school. One one hand, going to university, especially at 17, quite frankly scares the shit out of me. On the other hand, I'm longing for a return to normlacy, routine, and stability in my life. The tranisitions I've undergone over the past month have really been incredibly disorienting and I find myself asking alot of questions and harboring alot of doubts about the world, God, and life in general. Those of you who know me will also know that I'm not an especially spiritual or religious person but I've been kinda wondering where God is in all of this and what His plan is for my life - Especially since I've been absent from church for the past 3 weeks. I need to start praying and and finding a church. Speaking of needs, I also need a friend, damnit. Life sucks when you're alone. Gosh this entry has been so disjointed. Hope thats not symbolic =S


- posted by BLT @ 7:01 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault