.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Saturday, September 02, 2006

Update 74-01
Update 74-01
Countdown Prequel
3rd September 2006
12:47 PM



Hello everyone! Thanks ben soh for the poem. I felt like slashing my wrists afterwards Its a bit on the cheem side though but I got the idea I think. Gosh I forgot you had a blog haha. Thanks man! Hey Lui, Dale, Sharmeen, and David. How ya'll doing? Oh this updated is dedicated to David's filming of the prequel to Countdown on Saturday. I loved the concept but... Unfortunately, they got busted by cops. No shit.




Yep. You get the idea. I've reviewed some of the stills and I must say it looks pretty damn promising. Oh well. I daresay it could've been much much much worse though; someone could've gotten hurt or shot at (Not with a camera, at that) and I suppose its good everyone got away unscathed and the cops didn't take down IC numbers or confiscate the cameras or props. They did stop the show though. Anyhow, you gotta re-shoot this okay, David?





More of the film industry here in America. I've just begun learning the ropes and networking with a whole bunch of local filmmakers around the area and man... Its a much bigger industry here. You have alot more paperwork for one. There actually is an established network for you to find an actor/actress, which is through this union called the Screen Actors Guild (Sound familiar, doesnt it?) and alot of other legal paperwork crap like applying for permits, etc. There actually IS a set protocol to filming stuff publically here in the States and its not so much of a legal gray area as it is in Singapore.


In America, most films are now being shot with High Definition as opposed to what we're currently shooting with (Standard Definition). Not only does it cost double the price, but one needs an incredibly fast computer during the editing process, etc. Basically, to cut away all the technical gibberish, I'm feeling pretty damn small here (Computer gamers will call this 'pwnzor-ed'... Wait, did I get that correct? Ah whatever!) Last night, ABC-7 ran a 5 minute feature on a bunch of independent filmmakers producing a bunch of short episodes for their online website -From what I saw, they're so much more professional and knowledgable than most local Singaporean filmmakers.


Filmmaking isn't some secondary school drop out course one takes at a polytechnic or vocational school - There are actually degrees for Film that are quite well respected; although I must admit that like anywhere else, job insecurity is still rather high. On that note, it strikes me that unlike Singaporeans, they aren't worried about money all that; this one guy has been eating cup noodles and frozen burritos everyday and taking advance paychecks to fund his film - True starving artists to say the least...









- posted by BLT @ 9:46 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault