.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Powered by Blogger

PRODUCTION LOGS
Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Update 34-01
Update 34-01
Update for Meetup
31st May 2006
8:03 AM



Greetings from America. This would be my 18th trip to the United States of America – Something that I’ve done annually, sometimes even every six months since I was born. This journey is particularly bittersweet. Those of you who know my personal circumstances will also know that this trip was supposed to be more than just a mere vacation. Anyhow, enough personal stuff. If anyone wants anything from the States just MSN/E-mail me. Until I come back, Mr. Anti-Social - - Yes that’s you Jeff, is in charge of everything.


Speaking of mail, I’ll be fully contactable by e-mail and MSN Messenger so do continue to contact me online. Please continue to contribute ideas. As Jeff has said, there’ll probably be yet another scriptwriting meeting this week as well as something the week after. Remember, I need a full script out by next week. A synopsis will be good. Unfortunately, the deadline for Canon Film Festival this year has been pushed forward to October 14th rather than November 21st as it has been for the past 3 years. This unfortunately means that we have to basically film every single video and edit before October 14th - Which also happens to be the Common Test week. I’ve always said 4-5 films from now until November was a rather lofty ambition but now I think it’s something short of impossible. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – We still gotta’ try anyway! At least give it a shot and have no regrets after that. I would like to take the opportunity to stress how damn important everyone’s motivation is if we really want to win this year. No film can be done without the dedication, enthusiasm, and commitment of all the team members. I understand everyone’s friggin busy but come on guys – Work a lil’ harder will ya’?


Before we break into a desperate and depressing rant about this bleak situation, I think we should still try our best to make do with the current circumstances. We might have to cut one or two projects but the confirmed films we’re embarking on are the action, phone, typo, and marketplace ideas. I feel execution and delivery of lines will pose a rather large problem so casting needs to be near-perfect this time. I question the Jeff-Bloke model combination we’ve been using for the past few films so perhaps this time rather than improve our overall acting, perhaps we should just keep cheesy dialogue (Blinded kind of dialogue) to a minimum.


Anyhow, please note a new segment on the sidebar which provides links for most of the films we’ve done. Not only are there more prominent videos such as the Vendetta Trailer, BLINDED, Orientation Vid, REW Vid, and The Vault and Mole Videos, but there’s also some random crap like Darren’s Mustang Sally remix and Bloke’s Numa Numa dance. Please view them if you have some free time.


Till the next post by Jeff, do try and think of something to do and get down to writing a synopsis and script for your assigned groups. Thanks a mil.



- posted by BLT @ 5:03 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


The Vault The Vault